View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Default Got my new dog! Not a yorkie! (mixed feelings)

Hello guys, I finally got my dog.

I found this dog on petfinder days ago and kept looking at her. Noticed she was so close and decided to check her out today.

I asked to see the dog but they asked me to fill out a form. I didn't realize it was an adoption form but I filled it out anyways. It wasn't really intrusive at all. They allowed us to play with the dog, and I fell in love with her. So did my mother.

So we asked about her some more, she's apparently 1 year old but it's really just a guess.

She was a stray, she likes to hug (as if she was going to hump-- but she doesnt hump) and does it to get picked up.

She likes to be picked up.

She's friendly, calm, and very tolerant. She was shy though and would hide under places. I feel as if she may have gone under some abuse. But anyways she started to like me after a while and now she follows me around.

She is 100% untrained and I just started her basic training.

So they told us to bring our other dog for a meet and greet. I asked them to hold on to the dog for me for a few hours as I had some errands to do and I really wanted her.

So they made an exception and waited for me.

So when I come home and bring our dog with us. She was all over the place hyper, happy and just barky.

So they took a little while to get used to but they never bit each other. They just ignored each other.

we were moved to a smaller room for another test and they had her off leash and I had mine off leash. They still ignored each other, as my moms dog focused on her, and the other dog focused on other one of us.

We decided to adopt her, paid the nice ladies the adoption fee/donation/whatever and at the time some guy with a massive rottweiler(havent seen those in years so it looked massive to me about half the size of a full grown man or maybe a bit taller.

Anywho, our dog is barking and growling at it because she's afraid of big dogs so she warns the other dog to back off(or I assume).

Then "Reba" (which I now changed to Magnolia) let out a bark fit for a big dog breed and even little Sasha looks at her surprised. We bought stuff for her and took her home and the moment Sasha saw another really big dog walking by she barks at it and that's when Magnolia decides to growl again. So it's like they're kind of getting along ? they're now playing together.

Magnolia made soft stool at around 6-7pm and soon again I will be taking her out again.

She has a case of dandruff, and has a ton of shedding fur.

Not sure what to do about the dandruff but for the shed I am going to comb the crap out of her tomorrow as she likes being held.

I am slowly starting her training and will continue to do so daily.

Here's a link to the photos, the one that's labeled Reba is the one they posted on their site... Which looks a bit photoshopped or simply touched as she looks barely like that. The colors are more brilliant and rich.

http://imgur.com/a/CCJ2W

I just wished she was a yorkie or part yorkie. But, at the same time- I wouldn't change her for the world.
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!