View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #1
Harley101
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Diet Suggestions For Yorkie with Insulinoma

Wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions in helping our Harley during the past month. Wanted to provide an update. He has been doing well but has had three seizure episodes. I've managed each one with Caro syrup and two visits to the vet. Harley is a 13 year old Yorkie that weighs 3 pounds and is a picky eater. We almost lost him and is home now doing better. He's had a couple seizures that indicated low blood sugar. After some blood tests the vet confirmed he has Insulinoma. He gave no recommendation as to what diet I give him but suggested I look on the internet. He sees 3-4 of these cases per year. He also suggested I can't keep giving nutri cal before bed and in the morning. His blood glucose yesterday after a .2 ml shot of Caro syrup was 80. Today his fasting blood glucose was 34. He is a very picky eater and has been eating boiled chicken with brown rice smashed into it. He has been know to separate the rice from the chicken. He alternates daily to his dry Avoderm dog food which he's had his whole life. I just purchased the senior version and am trying to add that in but he hasn't had it yet. We've tried the hills prescription and other canned dog food and he's never tried it. So now I would love any suggestions as to what to feed him. Thanks.
Harley101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!