View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 11:33 AM   #2
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I would like to introduce Penny Ann! Never did I think I would have 3 yorkies but here I am lol. So I consider Penny a rescue. She had been a Christmas present for a 12 year old girl and obviously she lost interest and the family didn't want to keep her. She is 8 months old. When I got her and brought her home I gave her a bath because she was dirty and when I went to clean her very dirty ears black stuff was coming out. We got a vet appointment for the next day. Well pretty quickly after having her home we noticed she was peeing no joke every 10 minutes. When we went to the vet we decided to have urine, blood and fecal tested. They sent the fecal and blood out but did the urine in house. There were A LOT of crystals in her urine so they put her on an antibiotic and recheck in two weeks. The only time she went to a vet was in December for her rabies shot. How the old owners did not know she was peeing so much is beyond me. They didn't even say goodbye to her. I thought this would work well because Callie turns 10 next month and can't keep up with 1 year old Joey. Penny and Joey are having a blast. She picked her name...... no joke. We were going through all the names we could think about and my mom said Penny and her ears went up and she started licking my whole face so we went with Penny. She comes to it and everything. I'm pretty sure she came from a puppy mill because I checked the website out that was on her puppy papers and they have at least 8 different types of dogs. I got her signed up for pet insurance the other night. She has one ear up and one down. She is 9 pounds which is one pound lighter then Joey so they are very close to the same size. She eats like she was starved. After the urine thing clears up I will be getting her spayed.
Aw they're so precious! This might sound weird- maybe there is such a thing as dog diabetes. But may it is dog diabetes? Diabetes makes you want to go to the bathroom often. Makes you go about every hour or 2.

So I think it would make a dog go more often?

I would get her thoroughly tested to see if she had any underlying issues-- but I assume that's what those tests are for.

I hope she's fine though.
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!