View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 08:00 AM   #1
Monroe-Rylee
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry Advice on helping coworkers new puppy

I am venting and also seeking some advice on how to deal with this situation… My coworker, who is also the person that will likely run our company when his dad retires, called me yesterday to ask what he needed for a new puppy… of course I asked all the normal questions and was alarmed & disturbed to hear he was picking her up last night (you’re getting a puppy and have clearly done no research?!).

Last night he called saying the puppy was having “breathing problems”. It sounded like snorting/wheezing to me on the phone. When I asked more questions he said she was lethargic. I told him I’d have her at the 24 hour vet but if he didn’t want to do that to get her to the vet first thing in the morning, since I’m obviously in no position to diagnose/ treat a puppy.

He has the poor puppy here in the office this morning and I’m trying to convince him to get her to the vet ASAP. I’m trying not to touch her too might but to me she seems extremely lethargic and is doing a faint snort sound. I also learned she’s only 6 weeks old… she hasn’t eaten or pooped since 6pm last night (beagle mix looking pup, so she looks to me to be about 6 pounds). When I asked if he was feeding the same diet she was on, he said that she’d just stopped nursing and “doesn’t think” they were feeding her anything. I said to take her back to the mother right away & he said that wasn’t an option… ugh! So frustrating and I don’t know what I can do… if I spoke my mind I’d be putting myself in a bad situation at work but this poor pup is too young to be away from its mother and doesn’t appear healthy to me. Any thoughts? I am considering just taking her to the vet myself if he doesn’t do it this morning but again am walking a kind of fine line here…

Thanks for reading my irritation vent and any thoughts you have on helping this pup!
Monroe-Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!