View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Awesome, Nancy!

I've been wanting to take the plunge and homecook for Jackson as well. For a while and then I just feel like I am too lazy as I barely cook for myself. LOL. I know he would absolutely loooveee it though. He is a food hound. I just also worry about balancing properly and also proper amounts to feed. So that's why I like the companies like THK that can make it sort of homecooking-ish but have it balanced etc.

I did try THK years ago and it was green in color and very soupy and he wouldn't touch the stuff. So lately I've been looking into other options like Sojos where they have dehydrated options as well but maybe be a bit more palatable for Jax? They have the kind where you can add your own meat in as well.
I know what you mean, I worry so much about balancing it correctly and I think you'd almost have to do a weeks worth at once, I mean are you going to cook one carrot one potato, one green bean, etc.. daily? I don't add as much water as they suggest, I use about a tablespoon less. I know some people are giving chicken broth as the liquid, that might tempt some more. For those who don't cook, you could take a rotisserie chicken from the store and eat what you want and boil the rest for a couple of hours. Strain meat off and then refrigerate liquid and skim off fat the next day. Freeze meat and use as needed. Your right, though it's very green, but so far every meat I've added, including eggs, they love. Good to know other companies are giving this option! I feel like they really love me for it!

Join today and remove this ad!