View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #17
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
JR are super hyper, my neighbor had one OMG that dog was on speed 24/7 lol.

Yorkies are a beautiful breed and very smart, they are like Velcro, they must have their human in their sight at all times, including the bath room lol. They are by no means docile, timid or submissive. All yorkies although have the same traits, they all have different personalities. Owning a yorkie is like having a toddle for it's life time,Yorkies are very child like, charming, entertaining, mischief makers lol. They can be very stubborn at times and before you know it, you are owned by a yorkie.

You cannot base a yorkie on the two your aunt had. I suggest you do a lot of reading on the breed, and a lot of reading on terriers to see if any terrier would be right for you.

Getting a yorkie from a rescue, an older one, say 2 or 3 years old chances are they could be more calmer. I read your concerns about rescues, as I stated it's a crap shoot. Like a box of chocolates ya never know what you're gonna get.

My perfect boy had some issues when I got him, I worked with him, trained him to be what I expected out of him, he was eager to please and learned fast, he did not come from an abusive owner, he was loved much and spoiled rotten lol.

Take your time, even tho it's your mothers vet, you can still call them and ask about shelters, rescues.
Like I am not asking for a dog that wont have any spunk to it. It's a dog, of course it'll have spunk. A dog without spunk is not a dog imho. But by spunk I mean, dominant when it has to be.

Like what I don't want is me just trying to change its water bowl and it tries to bite me. lol or if I am playing with it and throwing toys(frisbees and rubber bones) I dont want him to get aggressive when he brings it. We had a short problem with our dog when she was young but she passed it within a month...

Though that other dog I had was pretty bad- it wouldn't get over that.

Or like if I am sitting down, and the more submissive dog comes by my legs(she always does that) I don't want them to fight-- by this I mean... I dont want the dog I brought to instigate.

I just dont want to see bullying or aggression like that. Submissive is kind of a clear cut to avoid that.

There are other concerns like it randomly marking territory- more so than other dog breeds, or chewing up the sofa...

This sofa kind of doesnt matter as we're getting rid of it(very old).

But the new one, we want to pad so that we can keep it safe until its trained.

What do you mean by a kid? Kids are highly destructive.. at least the ones I've seen are-- without reason.

I know a dog is unpredictable and stuff, but I was hoping that once it's trained it stays trained. Like our current.
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!