View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #11
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
I adopted a fantastic 2.5 yo AKC yorkie, a gift from my vet, he was a surrender. I must be one in a thousand that knows the history of my rescue as I keep in contact with the previous owner and I have all his medical and AKC papers that was turned over when he was surrendered . He is 99.9% a perfect boy, the 1% he is not dog friendly lol. Adopting is a crap shoot as far as temperament, personality, trainable. It takes time, devotion, consistency and a lot of patience, but so well worth the work you put into it. Ask your vet about rescues, shelters. Your vet may even work with rescue teams as my vet does, that is how I got my boy, from the rescue team that she works with. Craigs list I would def. stay away from.

My vet? The only one who gets to see the vet is my mother because its her dog and she likes doing things solo.

To be honest, I thought about broadening my search after I stumbled upon this dog

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/37758664

I normally search for just yorkies and chis but that day I was looking up a broad search and saw her photo and she just looked so sweet, friendly, submissive and docile personality. That's kind of what I like. The calm, friendly, submissive, docile that just likes to cuddle with you.

I actually looked up another breed of dog by accident and stumbled onto something called a "brussels griffon" and when I read about them, apparently they're velcro dogs. They like to stay by their owners constantly. I actually would enjoy that. I found some breeders, but majority of those breeders are out of business. Apparently a rather rare breed, another dog breed I looked up was something called a chinese crested, another type of velcro dog... but they're even rarer to find.

Stilll I remain loyal to the yorkie, just that one dog in particular got my interest. Except kind of wary because of the condition that she has, they say it wont get worse..

But that's what they said about the other adoptable dog I had before...

I would love the idea to take her in. But kind of wondering if that condition just makes her a little "denser" in the head.

Kind of thought of a nickname for her. "Scruffy" (it's a reference to a show called futurama because of her stache' ).

Just not sure if thats her actual age and stuff... or if she has any other serious underlying issues they never mentioned...
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!