View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 04:54 AM   #9
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Try this.
Yorkies do not like the same food day after day. I have had yorkies all my life so I'm an old hand of over 50 years owning yorkies and know how difficult it is to feed them.
Tips:
1. Don't feed wet pet food, it rots their teeth and don't like it.
2. Feed veg, pasta in equal proportions then 60% meat (boiled, not fried or roasted meat) don't feed any type of bean
3. Don't mix the veg and the meat, yorkies hate this.
4. Think about getting them a pal, this seems to help a lot.
5. Try an appetiser the crunchy part of an iceberg lettuce.
6. MOST IMPORTANT of all, don't feed the same meal every day, find what veg they like and stock to it day after day, but change the meat, which you can mix up (which they seem to like)
I have a rotation of meat, chicken, chicken and a bit of ham, ox liver and beef, corned beef chicken and ham, duck and chicken etc.,

This tip is cheaper than buying wet or dry food.

I have two large yorkies who are healthy not fat at all, both over 10 pounds.

Hope this helps. I also have info on wheat intolerant yorkies, or those with kidney issues. If this helps anyone.
Regards all.
I don't know how to say this any other way -- but there is a lot of very incorrect and inaccurate info in this post.

"Wet" food does not rot teeth...does wet food rot your teeth? Dry or cooked food does not save/help teeth...does it help yours?

Our teeth are made of the same material as any dog's teeth.

That said - I *do* think homecooking for your dogs is incredibly healthy - as long as it's balanced properly .

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!