View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
joey301
Yorkie Yakker

Default Eating Hair bands, et. al.

Hi all,
I have read a few posting here but none exactly like mine, maybe someone will have some advise for my problem, or at least be sympathetic.

Smarty is taking Ruggles' hair bands out and eating them. I have tried spraying them with bitter spray but it makes no difference. Will it hurt them to have all their hair in their eyes if I don't use the bands all the time? Or should I just give the bangs? I have never seen any of the bands in Smarty's stool, what happened to them? He potties inside, so I can't have missed something.

SInce I am here, I will vent on the dogs a bit. I finally had to stop letting Smarty and Ruggles sleep in my room. They are now confined to the kitchen when I go to bed. I have had Smarty for about 6 mos and he always wakes up at 4AM and starts crying. He can cry non stop for hours. SO, for the past 6 mos, I get up at 4AM, and take him to the kitchen and his potty. He can not hold his potty beyond 4:30ish. Poor Ruggles has lost his bedroom priviilege too because if he is not with SMarty, then Smarty cries and cries, and he can cry REALLY LOUDLY. Smarty will go to the bathroom in his crate, or his pen (I put two crates in their pen), if I leave him in beyond 4AM. I can't fight him at 4AM since I am too tired to train at that time of day.

I have learned that two Yorkies are not necessarily easier than one. Poor Ruggles was an only child for awhile and got to do everything and go everywhere with me, he has flown to Chicago and Florida and he is a perfect traveler. But, Smarty can not go anywhere, his behavior is attrocious, even in the car. He cries if he is not in my lap, then wants out of my lap. Ruggles is so happy just to be in the car and he sits in his car seat and growls at the people in the next car. Since being with Ruggles calms Smarty, the result is that Ruggles has lost a lot of freedom and privilege. Ruggles is bigger and stronger, but Smarty is persistant and takes all of Ruggles' toys away from him. Ruggles is good natured, and gets another toy, which Smarty immediately takes away. But, Smarty loves Ruggles, even more than he loves me. WHen I take them for a walk, Ruggles loves to explore, but Smarty just watches Ruggles and has no real interest in anything around him. Don't get me wrong, I love them both and Smarty is absolutely adorable, he is just a little brat.

Joey
joey301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!