View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
Latuya
YT 3000 Club Member

Default totally off topic but I really need some advise here

My oldest daughter came to me 2 weeks ago asking for my advise. And I was not ready for what she told me. Her best friend is pregnant and is already 3 to 4 months and hasn't told her mother. She is the sweetest girl and is probably closer to our family then she is to her own. I felt so bad for her in one hand and so disappointed in the other. Desiree is worried about her friend and feels she needs to tell her mother and start seeing a doctor.

Well she got her friend to at least come to me for help. She asked if can take her to the doctor for starters. I did it but felt so badly. I mean if this was my daughter I would be so hurt that she couldn't come to me. I can not imagine how her mother is going to feel once she learns that I knew, took her to the doctor and didn't tell her. It's eating me inside. I got ahold of Raquel and her boy friend and sat them both down here and had a nice long talk with the both of them on Friday. I told them that they have to tell their parents. They both agreed that they would tell their parents. It is now Monday and they had all weekend to do so but they didn't. Do you think I should tell their parents? I told her that I would go with her to tell her mother if she wanted me to. She said no and that she promised that she would do it herself. I talked to her last night and she told me that her mom got into a car accident Friday night and on Sat. her grandmother fell and ended up in the hospital. So she felt her mom was going though so much, she decided it wasn't the right time to tell her.

Mean while she is starting to show and I don't know how her mother hasn't noticed anything. It's really sad that her and her mother don't have that close of an relationship. I can't see anyone being so caught up in their own things and not notice the changes that is so apparent to her own daughter.

What do you all think I should do? As a parent I feel I should go tell her mother. I know she must be scared and I can understand that. There is no way I would be able to go to my mom if it were me. That's why I promised that I would have a open about any and every thing relationship with my kids once I had them. I just stummed with this one. And don't know what to do.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!