View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 12:22 PM   #15
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

I think you wanted to come here to get the permission your consciousness isn't granting you which is to put the dog down and validate it on the basis of age.

My mom was going through the same thing with her Yorkie and considered the same thing and I told her that I thought she was a selfish person. She'd 'had enough' was 'tired' and 'tried everything' or 'didn't know what else to do'. The dog can't help that it is aging and that shouldn't be used as a way to ease your consciousness because you don't want to deal with it anymore. Like you, my mom didn't bother to do things early on in the dogs life and had to deal with the outcome later. But, instead of deal with it like a loving pet owner, she wanted to end it like a selfish child.

But, if YOU want to give up, that's understandable even though you did promise to love this dog for it's WHOLE life when you bought it and it was fun and cute and young at 8 weeks old.

Like others have said, I'd recommend surrendering your dog to a rescue so you can sleep at night knowing that you didn't put it down to make you feel better.

Plus, your son might respect you instead of resent you for making a choice which only benefits you.

I know my post might sound harsh but, despite that and the fact that truth often hurts, I can relate with what you're going through but I don't think you've truly stepped back and thought about what you're thinking about doing which is ending a life. Just don't do something you'll regret. You can't take the wrong decision back.

Last edited by SirTeddykins; 04-06-2017 at 12:25 PM.
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!