View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 06:07 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

I wish I could say "do the desensitizing, it works like a dream!"....but, unforch, it just doesn't work that great for many dogs. Your vet should be able to tell you the stats on % of dogs for whom it works - it's not the most encouraging stat.

That said, Chewie *could* be one of those kiddos where, for whatever reasons, it works. That's what makes this decision a tough one.

If I were you, and had the financial means -- I'd probably go ahead and give the therapy a try. Bc if it worked, it'd be fantastic.

For our Marcel...we first tried injections (and OMG if a 4lb dog does NOT want a shot from you, um, you will not be able to give it, trust!)(we literally tried everything to give that shot). So then we moved to the Allerdrops, which was a billion times easier.

We did this for about 3 years, and really saw pretty much no difference at all. Bummer.

So now, we do just the Apoquel (he also does great on Atopica) to mitigate the immune response.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!