View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Default Allergy issues- any one's advice/viewpoints

After waiting a week AFTER her allergy results, the doc called me today and dropped a bombshell on us. I feel as if I was hit with a pillow case a thousand times. If that makes sense. Like a soft bomb was dropped on us.

she's allergic- these are the highlights only.

Timothy grass (all over az)
Sage bush
mosquitoes, honey bees
wool (all of this is positive, not borderline)

Cotton blends and quite a few other things borderline

Foods
Chicken. That one gets us. We eliminated everything from her diet and she showed POSITIVE and encouraging signs with chicken.
Cows milk.
Salmon
Turkey
eggs (borderline)
Rabbit
Potatoes
Carrots (again, oh my god)

She can have lamb, beef, venison, sweet potatoes, rice, green beans, green peas, apples, bananas. More, but she heard some of what we add to her diet, and gave us the highlights

we'll get the full report in the morning. I'm.. tired, like I said, I was full of energy and this news just sobered us right up.

I've read, but I don't understand fully how desensitizing her won't help. Timothy grass is ALL they have here. We've been making her sick on her daily walks, and I feel horrible! Our carpet IS a wool blend! I don't know what to do from here. Yes, we are making an appointment, and the doc gave us a list of what we can feed her right away. Currently boiling bison and getting rid of the carrots. Thank god we don't feed her potatoes.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!