View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #30
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares55 View Post
Who are you to judge what is ethical or unethical and if I have acted in any unethical way at all? Just because YOU don't agree with buying small yorkies doesn't mean that WE can't, YOU don't control other people.

I came on this forum looking for suggestions on breeders that some of you could recommend so that we didn't have to buy from Korea or another foreign place, and guess what, only two people were actually helpful, the other comments were like yours and entirely unnecessary. Then, I wrote that I want to fly to Korea myself and fly home with her to make sure she's safe, but you judge me to be unethical? Your opinion of me can go where the sun doesn't shine.

Here's a bit of stinging truth for you: This forum runs on donations, do you think new members are going to want to join and donate when people like you go about writing rude comments about other peoples actions? Do you think the owners of this forum are going to want to keep people like you around when you're so off-putting to other members? I doubt it.

Here's some more stinging truth: People want these dogs and they will go to great lengths to get them and spend great amounts of money on them. Instead of sitting around berating people searching for them on here, why not actually send them helpful information to a breeder you know that sometimes has small pups so that they don't go find a dog on Craigslist or a random website or some hoarding breeder out in Iowa or someplace. These dogs are born, it happens, there's nothing you can do to stop it and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop people from buying them.

You are part of the problem, not the breeders in Korea.

Based purely on the information from your posts and what most members believe to be ethical, our response has been that there are no reputable breeders who deliberately breed to sell puppies so small.

Again, as was posted by cj125, here is a list of breeders by state who are listed in the Yorkshire Terrier Club of Ameria, where you may find reputable breeders:
Dog Breeders Map List- The Yorkshire Terrier Club of America

In addition, here is some information on ethics from the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America on the size of Yorkie you're looking for:
http://www.theyorkshireterrierclubof...ocs/Teacup.pdf

Try not to take anything personal. Because everyone's concern is only with the puppy's health. Hopefully you can take a step back and see this too.

But you're absolutely right. No one can control how small a dog you want to buy, after being made aware that there are such high health risks involved. We can only inform you on what's general knowledge, such as the information in the above link about Teacups. And with this knowledge in mind, we cannot recommend further action to do something we don't believe in. It is rather unfortunate. And there are several red flags.

If you're insistent with your plan, then where you fly to pick up the tiny Yorkie is beyond that and maybe more of a discussion you could have with your family and bf instead.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!