View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 02:17 PM   #16
Ares55
Yorkie Talker

Default Our new pup & my concern

Hi everyone, thank you for all your replies.

After a couple months of searching and having no luck with breeders we finally found a breeder that had dogs in Las Vegas and I inquired about them. I fell in love with a cute little girl that I thought was perfect and she was only $3,700, but the breeder let it slip to my boyfriend that she would be 3.5-4 lbs and he didn't want to buy a dog that size.

The breeder mentioned his family in Korea (this is where my bf's last pup was from) would have smaller pups and he managed to find a teeny tiny girl for us. We Skyped with the Korean breeder twice and looked at the conditions there, and they were surprisingly immaculate. We Skyped with the puppy as well and got to see her run around to make sure she was healthy. We ended up buying her (she was $5,800) and she is set to be shipped out in three weeks around April 15th.

Here is my concern, please help if you have any experience with this. I am afraid of shipping a pup this small alone from Korea and would prefer to fly out and bring her back myself but my boyfriend feels it would be dangerous for me to go. The breeder told us this puppy was "around two months old," but to me she looks younger. This worries me because the flight is around 10-11 hours and if she doesn't eat she will have blood sugar problems. I am not an expert at aging pups but something tells me she looks more like 5-6 weeks, and if thats the case I don't want her shipped until she's about 12 weeks old.

Can anyone give an educated guess to how old she is?

Also, we have decided to get her a friend to grow up with but this time it's my choice on which dog we get. I'm looking for another yorkie, boy or girl, but one located in the United States and still small but around 3-5 pounds.
Attached Thumbnails
Wanted - VERY small girl to buy!-yorkie1.jpg   Wanted - VERY small girl to buy!-yorkie2.jpg   Wanted - VERY small girl to buy!-yorkie3.jpg  
Ares55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!