View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 03:58 AM   #2
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley101 View Post
Hi, I am. We to this forum and need help getting my 3 pound Yorkie Harley eating a well rounded diet. He is 13 years old and has been eating Costco chicken and his dry avoderm dogfood. Recently I found him non responsive in his bed at 5:00 am and took him to the er. They stabilized him with Carl startup and after two days of not eating there we brought him home. As soon as he got home he had a bowel movement and started eating boiled chicken and a little of the avoderm dry food. I have triend giving him canned dog food and white rice by mixing it with his boiled chicken and he does not eat it. He is hypoglycemic and they have talked to me about him having pancreatitis. He's been home for four days and each night around 2:30 I find him disoriented and having mild a mild seizure I give the nutri cal or Caro syrup and he's fine. Not sure how to get him back on track if he only eats boiled chicken. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
You need to find the cause of the hypoglycemia because that doesn't just happen in healthy dogs whether they are old or not. For now feed him what you have to, to get him to eat.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!