View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 10:44 PM   #26
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingNimbus View Post
What's predisone and nut nut butter? I give mine carrots every so often. My mom gets mad because she wants her to be in that strict regiment but I feel bad for her... eating kibble day in and day out.. I every so often feed her carrots (3-5 chunky small ones about 2-3inches long), sometimes I give her a slice of turkey ham(I know i shouldnt but its very rare like maybe once a week if even), a slice of whatever meat I am eating, as my diet I like it simple. If I am eating chicken I eat it mostly boiled. I dont like fried stuff much... If I do however have cooked chicken (skillet) I end up only giving the white part and only have I run it through water in the sink and try to get as much grease out. My foods dont ever have condiment on them(like spices) as I am not too much of a fan of that. Unless its specific meals.

Most of what I give her is veggies though, steamed, boiled or raw.

Like carrots, lettuce, sometimes broccolli, etc. Never beans, rice, or anything dangerous for her.

I very rarely give her hotdogs. I never give anything overly processed outside of the ham, or hotdogs and again-- very rarely and sparse.

I am very careful what I give her and how much because she's known to throw up a lot of things. One time my family came over with my very young cousin(long story) and he would accidentally drop a piece of pizza crust on the floor and the dog would be eating at it. Of course I'd have her drop it, but whatever she'd eaten she'd throw it back out later. Now we're more careful to keep her away when children are eating....

Anywho, my point is, she has variety because of me, because I figured out what upsets her stomach and what doesn't. But she doesn't get a lot of it imho because Im careful to not overfeed.
Predisone is a steroid. We have her on an allergy med due to her light allergies, but we suspect the predisone is what is giving her relief. heck, we think she needs more than a bit, as she responded SO well to the injection. We are waiting on the results of the allergy panel as we speak, but we suspect it's addisons. "nut nut" butter is peanut butter. I only use enough to make her med swallowed, or I'd completely eliminate that. You CAN Feed your dog rice! I feed her rice, enriched no yolk noodles, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cous-cous. Rice isn't dangerous!

I have her on the chews for her teeth issue, so I gave that link, but this is the food we feed her raw- I love this brand, and use it exclusively. http://www.primalpetfoods.com/product/detail/c/11/id/33

Last edited by JennaPenny; 03-26-2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: adding a link.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!