View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 10:41 PM   #25
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingNimbus View Post
You feed raw... That it seems enticing because I wouldn't have to deal with a muck up done by some worker who might not really care at all if they mess up or not....

I was always afraid of buying a bag of dog food and the dog dying from it... Id feel at fault. My problem with raw is... how do you even go about it? Sounds rather expensive to cater to a dog like that...

I mean chicken or turkey would be cheap enough. But things like beef, etc would cost a lot... unless you're talking about ground beef. lol which I am not sure if that's good or bad.

Vegetables would be fine too but I wouldn't know how to balance it out. Isn't there a company that makes kibble that doesn't have a bad track record?

A bag of wellness costs us 70-75 bucks which lasts about a month and a half or two months or more. Not quite sure yet.

If I wanted to go with raw, where would I even find the stuff at a more reasonable price? Beef is expensive and pork is a little too, and chicken isnt but I doubt i should -only- be feeding chicken and then if the dog doesn't have a balanced diet it would suck. It might not even get enough nutrients from that.
I have the recipe from my vet for boiled food. If you want. I add the additives plus additional fresh veggies; just for my own peace of mind. I know that sometimes a boiled diet isn't varied enough. She doesn't react well to Beef, so we feed her chicken, turkey, (duck is now out) bison, lamb, and some fish. I add green veggies a lot. Carrots and the other stuff sparingly. No corn. I also sometimes dry eggshells and add those, too. Raw is expensive, but worth it. IF your puppy can handle it.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!