Thread: Failed parent
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #6
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I agree, bigggg fuss and happy dance, treats all rewards for doing the right thing, these pups "will get it". They are only babies. At one time I bought two 8 week old pups so I know what you are going through lol. Putting them on a food and potty schedule is the best thing to potty training them. Feed same time everyday each time you feed them, take them out same time every day. Dogs are creatures of habit, they get use to doing the same thing at a certain time everyday. You must be consistent in the time. Taking one at a time out is good, no distractions. It is only if you give up training you will fail at being a good fur momma. Patience, consistency are key in all training. As for Finn showing his teeth and snapping at you, in a firm voice, no yelling, screaming, shouting, just firm tone say no biting, he is testing you, nature of the yorkie. Babies are not born with manners, it is up to us as fur parents to teach them what is and is not acceptable. Finn's reaction you handled perfectly, removed item then turn your back on him. They are just little babies and will take time to teach them, they will not learn over night. Don't get discouraged, we have all gone through this, yorkies are stubborn lil critters and will test you, you have to show them you are the pack leader, the boss. They will get it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!