Thread: Failed parent
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
Jkpal
YT 2000 Club Member

I think I understand a bit of how you're feeling. Piper came to me about 3yrs old; she wouldn't listen to me at all outside (still tricky that) and barely responded inside. She took forever to housebreak and still has accidents. She would rush the front door and no amount of 'yelling' or pushing her back would deter her efforts to run out (I'd have to lift her in one hand while closing door and at the last second kinda drop her and quickly close door). She made me feel inadequate and mean and ineffective...and she hurt my feelings so much sometimes. I just kept pluggin' along, asked for and received wonderful advice from YF members; their advice was accompanied by support, understanding and encouragement. Yorkies are unique onto themselves--like no other canine ever. Today, Piper listens, stays back when I go in/out front door; she's sweet and funny and way too clever for my own good. I love her to the moon and back and feel connected. Don't give up! You've got a couple of babies who are testing the waters, testing you and testing each other. You sound like you 'know' these guys and your keen observation and ability to judge situations are brilliant. I think you know what you're doing and soon they'll decide you mean business and begin to settle down. Trust yourself and your instincts and know that your love and (extreme) patience will truly have a positive impact on your 'wild boys!!'
Jkpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!