View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 08:19 PM   #10
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
As long as snacks only make up 10% of their diet your fine. Peanut butter is ok just make sure there is no xylitol in it. I never give chicken liver but I use freeze dried liver treats for training. I'm a big fan of Royal Canin and hills ideal balance but there is nothing wrong with Wellness. I would stay far away from purina and blue buffalo. With a puppy it's best to keep them on the food the breeder is feeding for a little while as they get used to their new home so your not stressing them out.
With ours what we did was we kept it on their diet, and started a slow change after 3 days.

Freeze dried? Doesn't that take the nutrients out of it? As for pb, you mean the sugar-free crap?

As for royal canin and hills I wasn't sure if I heard bad things about them.. I don't recall, I was the one who recommended wellness to my mother because her dog has sensitive stomach so she eats wellness simple. She says her bag is about 70 dollars. (it's a rather big bag-- biggest they carry I believe). She takes the kibble and stores it in a container. It lasts her a few months I think(not sure dont really pay attention since she's the one that feeds her).

If you free feed, do you fill up their food container or?
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!