View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
The shaking could be a delayed reaction to the vaccination. I'm guessing that the lethargy and loss of appetite is due to the pain medication you gave Joey. You might try to take him off the pain medication to see if he gets his appetite back and to see if the shaking has gone away. If the shaking comes back, you should see the vet.

I haven't had any personal experience with shaking after Bella's vaccinations, but she did get very sleepy. She was better the next morning. She lost her appetite when treated with pain killers (Metacam) following her spay, so we had to decide whether to keep her pain-free but not eating, or in pain but with a healthy appetite. Since we were worried about her weight, hypoglycemia, etc., we stopped the Metacam and she got her hunger back and didn't seem to be in pain. It's kind of a trade-off or balancing act.
He had the Metacam when he was neutered and had no issues with it so I figured it would be fine. He only was supposed to have it yesterday and today. About two hours after he got it today he started running around and acting better. He is not shaking and yelping when you touch it anymore so I guess the pain meds did help. I'm definitely going to bring it up with the vet when we go back. I'm not used to dogs having big issues with vaccines none of the ones I grew up with had issues although they were much bigger and Callie usually only gets a little grumpy and wants to sleep for the rest of the day and not really be messed with but is fine the next day. At least there not yearly shots so we only have to do this every three years after this.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!