View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #22
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
If you've read all my posts, I am very limited-vaccine, I myself don't do the flu shot, etc, things of that nature. I am very cautious and never ever just follow along with what a doctor said blindly. So I agree with you.

I just thought it was funny how you were asking the questions and then you come back and kind of answer them for yourself haha. No offense meant to be taken.

It's not a depressing video. It's actual worms inside a dogs heart. What heartworm disease IS. I don't want that to happen to my dog so I choose to keep him on medication.

For what it's worth, Jackson wasn't vaccinated for... six years? I likely won't ever get him vaccines again except for rabies every 3 years which unfortunately is required by law. I did puppy vaccines (8, 12 and 16 weeks... lepto was included in the 12 week one - NEVER AGAIN... as my boy had a horrible reaction). Then he had his one year old booster. He did not get the distemper booster again until 7 years old. I fully believe vaccines to be effective for 5-7+ years, likely more.

So you're just preaching to the choir here. I'm just trying to help because I've come a long way too and I used to sound just like you honestly LoL. I've learned that not everything is so black/white and it's not as simple as saying "all doctors are out to get your money" when that's really not the case. Speak to the majority of veterinarians and they are in the profession because they love animals. Nobody goes to school and has thousands upon thousands dollars in debt to abuse animals or steal your money or get kickbacks from food (which in all actuality, is very little). Are there some bad apples? Of course -- just like in every profession. Are there some vets I wouldn't go to due to pushy beliefs that they learn in school? Yes. I definitely have been choosy with my vets and am sooo glad to have found my perfect vet (in my opinion) who is a perfect happy medium just like me.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!