View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 08:15 AM   #5
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airplane View Post
Thank you.

Thanks. And you know I think I can totally see people asking you about showing Scottie. He has a beautiful coat. And his gold/tan color is on the darker side, but at the same time not too dark like I've seen on some other yorkies. I'm pretty sure that that is what is supposed to be in the show ring. And he looks quite leggy too. I've heard that a number of breeders and exhibitors like that. I can only assume that some judges like that as well. Maybe they tend to move better. I'm not exactly sure what the reasoning of deviating from the square boxy look shown in the diagrams is. Anyways, I don't mean to critique Scottie's look too much. He's for sure very beautiful. I've just been trying to understand the breed and develop an eye for dogs as well. There's a lot to learn about yorkies, their conformation, what look does well in the show ring and what doesn't do well, etc. Learning about the breed can sometimes be, at least for me, a bit confusing cause people differ on certain things about what they look for in a show dog. Anyhow, the point I was making is that Scottie has a very beautiful look. He's gorgeous!
Thank you - you're too too kind!

I am sooo in love with Scottie's colours and his look in terms of his hair and his height. As weird as it sounds, I think his legs are so beautiful. My breeder would have sold him as a show dog had I been a breeder.

I've read that the ideal proportions is for the length between the neck and the tail to be equal to the height of the body, which is what Scottie has. A few years ago during my Yorkie research phase, I came across a well-written, detailed document on what competitions look for in a Yorkie. It was a really good read. I tried to find it but couldn't. If I come across it again, I'll message you later on. Thank you again kindly for your lovely compliments!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!