View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 11:40 PM   #4
airplane
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Your little girl looks nice. Hopefully you will have lots of fun showing her. I am not familiar with the Altered Class in Canada so hopefully someone from there that shows will be able to help you. Best of luck to you.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canana View Post
How very exciting for you!! Maezie is so beautiful!

Now that I've been growing out Scottie's hair, people have also asked whether I'd want to show Scottie in the altered class; he's 5.5 lbs to 5.7 lbs. I don't think I have the time to put into that, but I do think it'd be such a fun experience. Good for you for going to the conformation training classes. Very happy and excited for you!!
Thanks. And you know I think I can totally see people asking you about showing Scottie. He has a beautiful coat. And his gold/tan color is on the darker side, but at the same time not too dark like I've seen on some other yorkies. I'm pretty sure that that is what is supposed to be in the show ring. And he looks quite leggy too. I've heard that a number of breeders and exhibitors like that. I can only assume that some judges like that as well. Maybe they tend to move better. I'm not exactly sure what the reasoning of deviating from the square boxy look shown in the diagrams is. Anyways, I don't mean to critique Scottie's look too much. He's for sure very beautiful. I've just been trying to understand the breed and develop an eye for dogs as well. There's a lot to learn about yorkies, their conformation, what look does well in the show ring and what doesn't do well, etc. Learning about the breed can sometimes be, at least for me, a bit confusing cause people differ on certain things about what they look for in a show dog. Anyhow, the point I was making is that Scottie has a very beautiful look. He's gorgeous!
airplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!