View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 01:47 PM   #4
Monroe-Rylee
Senior Yorkie Talker

I’ve never had more issues getting a dog to eat until getting a Yorkie. With Monroe, I tried so many different types of dry food and she finally liked Natural Balance. She now eats low-fat Royal Canine for her tummy. But, the process is still: soak the dry food in hot water for about 2 minutes, warm a bit of boiled chicken breast, then drain the water and mix the moistened dry with the chicken using my hand (I started this after seeing Cesar Millan recommend it) for some reason she does seem to like my scent on the food rather than simply stirring with a spoon.

A woman at her daycare is able to get her to eat by make a “gravy” out of the dry food. I guess she soaks it until it turns to a mushy liquid and then pours it over the dry food.

Hand feeding was a common occurrence as well.

I think we’ve tried a million different methods over the years and it can be quite frustrating. After much trial & error (mostly error) I found something that works about 98% of the time. Sometimes I still have to get on the floor and hand-feed her.

Also, make sure to slowly transition if you're going to switch foods so there's no tummy upset. Best of luck! Just be patient and you guys will get there!!!

Last edited by Monroe-Rylee; 03-09-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Monroe-Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!