View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 07:12 AM   #7
aweitzm1
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
What's going on with the "itching"...? Topical stuff doesn't really treat the cause of this. I'd get ahead of what's really going on there, as it can def get way worse if allergies. Itching is quite a miserable state for them. Is she chewing and licking her paws...?

I am not certain she has allergies. She will lick her paws at times but it is not consistent. Thumper actually licks his paws much more than she does. She likes to rub herself against all my furniture like she is trying scratch an itch she can't exactly reach.

She will also try and gnaw/bite her behind and tail. She actually stands underneath my butcher block table in the kitchen and use it as a scratching post.

The topical stuff gives her some relief for a few days. I will mention it to the vet on Saturday I just want to try everything before resorting to medication as I am not certain she actually has allergies.

The itching whether by me using the holistic items or over time since I have had her does seem to be getting better. When I first got her all day she would scratch and bite her skin (No fleas as I checked). I have switched her diet to grain free and use Salmon Oil in her food as well. This might be helping. But again I am guessing and won't have any answers until the vet visit.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!