View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 02:38 AM   #1
Hermione
YT Addict

Default Chicken and Rice Meals

Lucy has an enlarged heart and last week woke up ill with fever and in pain. The vet did urine and blood tests, and a couple of x-rays. The tests came back ok but apart from her enlarged heart, the x-rays showed some arthritis and an inflammation in her intestines.

The vet changed one of her heart medicines and added Stride Plus (long-term vitamins for the arthritis) and Loxicom (for short-term pain). I'm not sure how old Lucy is, perhaps 8 the vet said, she's a rescue yorkie. I'm giving her small meals of chicken and rice until she's fully recovered and she is almost back to her normal playful self. My question is - exactly how much do you feed chicken and rice to a 3.4 kg (7.5 lb) yorkie who is sick? I normally feed her Royal Canin Adult Yorkie kibble and Prince Pouches for small dogs (petprinces.com) - what do you think about these for a Yorkie like Lucy?

I'm not quite sure how she got the inflammation in her intestines but she does eat poop when she can get away with it, I've tried everything to stop her doing it, now I accompany her each time she goes outside in the garden and that is very often as she's on diuretics. Thank you
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!