Thread: New Yorkie mom
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #1
yorkiemom38
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Love New Yorkie mom

Hi!
We recently (last night) welcomed our first Yorkie to our family. I have wanted a baby girl Yorkie forever. Every time Inheard of or found a litter they were already promised, but after actively searching for about 2 years, I brought my baby home last night! She is 8 weeks, and weighs about a pound and a half. I took her for her first vet visit today, and the vet said she is going to be a petite, little girl. I'm ok with that, as I don't intend to breed her. I have heard that when they are so tiny there are a lot of possible health risks. Has anyone found this to be true? She is so sweet and I love her (even if my older dog-6 yr. old female Chihuahua-doesn't quite love her as much-yet)! Baby girl does not have a name yet, my daughter and I can't agree. I said Penny (for the coloring, and size) and my daughter says Roxy (after the surfing company-we live in Virginia Beach). Is it possible to hold a puppy "too much"? I put her down when she wants down, but we have been holding her a lot.
yorkiemom38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!