View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 03:13 PM   #11
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

When I lived in Rowayton, I lived on Belle Island for a few years and then in the Rowayton Beach Association for awhile. Rowayton is such a neat town! But I understand that it has sure changed a lot. I haven't been back to Rowayton since 1980.......almost 25 years!!!!! (Gosh, I'm older than dirt....)

Essex is a wonderful place! Very affluent, like Darien and most of Fairfield County. If you have ever heard of the Groundhog Day celebration in Essex with "Essex Ed", I am Ed's mother. My kids and I built the first 36' around x 14' high papier mache Essex Ed in 1978 and got the annual celebration going in town. They still celebrate it bigtime! My favorite place in the world is the Tap Room at The Gris (Griswold Inn), so if you go there, lift one for me.

And if anyone here has AIM (aol), my AIM name is "GroundhogMama" and I'd
love to chat!

Next summer I want to go back to Connecticut for the Deep River Muster, the third Saturday in July! The oldest and largest fife and drum muster in the world and a real blast!

After Connecticut, I lived in Vermont for 13 years and then moved to Maine for love in 1998! I was widowned in 1995 and met my Don, a widower living in Maine, on Match.com!!!! How about that? Old folks doin' the modern thing! We got married on Valentine's Day 1999.

So now you all know a little bit more about me! We ought to get an introduction thread going........
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!