View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
aweitzm1
YT 500 Club Member

Default Dental Cleaning and Update on Bella

Bella is having her first dental cleaning next Saturday. I was quoted a really reasonable price for NYC ($450 with blood work included). None of my dogs have had dental cleaning before and I was wondering what I should expect.

I was also quoted if any teeth need to be pulled it will be from $5-$20 per tooth depending on the tooth and I will not know until the cleaning. I don't think she will need any teeth pulled because her teeth are generally cleaned but the Vet wrote tarter issues in the original vet records so for insurance purposes I need to get her a cleaning to avoid any pre-existing conditions.

Is the price per tooth reasonable?

On another note she is still struggling with potty training. Yesterday she did good going outside, but today refused to go. Since she has peed twice on the bed she no longer has access to it until bed time and I have her in a diaper. I take it off in the morning. She seems to like to pee in it overnight as each morning it is full. I take her out beforehand to pee but she refuses to go. So it must be what she is comfortable with. I actually don't mind her going in the house and don't get upset if she misses the pee pad as long as it is not on my furniture but I cannot get her to stop yet peeing on the bed. Hopefully with time and consistency she will change her behaviors. She also urinates (or spills when I get home and she is supper excited) only a little comes out I don't think she realizes it.

We are going to visit my sister this weekend so I will see how she does in a carrier. I haven't tried it yet and realized I need to start practicing with her tonight as I do not know how she will react yet.

The best part of yesterday was we were watching tv and Thumper and her were on my lap and he went over and started to kiss her face. The sweetest moment ever.

I should have named her Tigger because she reminds me of him she is long and lean and jumps on her hind legs in excitement. I am working on telling her no as I worry about her injuring herself but it is quite adorable.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!