View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 08:42 PM   #14
Prettys_Mommy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 049 Ear Taping

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourdez View Post
I'm not a breeder and, actually, Desi is my first Yorkie. But, for what its worth, here is my experience with floppy ears. I got Desi at 12 weeks old, she had very floppy ears. Not only did her ears flop forward but the tips curled to the sides so she looked like her ears were coming out of the side of her head. The breeder told me that they would stand on their own if I kept them shaved. Well, they didn't. I tried everything. I used the masking tape, with the strip in the middle (which made her look terrible) I tried the paper bag and eye lash glue, I messaged every day, I did the cottage cheese. Finally, I decided that I would have to tape long term if her ears had any chance at all. I was afraid of irritating her ears so I went to CVS Pharmacy and got Nexcare Flexible Clear Tape. This tape has lots of little pin holes in it so its breathable (it comes in a scotch tape dispenser). I pull out strips the size of her ear and trimmed the corners to form the ear tip and I pressed in place to the inside of her ear. This tape is clear so you really don't even see it when its in. I would leave the tape in for a week, then take it off for a day or two and retape. I did this for more than a month and finally both her ears are up at 11 months old. If you do this, please keep checking the ear to make sure its not irritated, and when you take off the tape clean the inside of the ear with a little alcohol to get out any old tape residue. Good luck..
Glad I came across your comment. My Pretty is 4 months and she has floppy ears. I want to try and give something a shot and see if hers will stand up.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!