View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Unlove Roxy has gone on

Brokenhearted over the loss of my dear Roxy! She was 15. She had celebrated her 15th birthday on Dec. 2, 2016. I had no idea how few days she would have left. Last weekend she wouldn't eat. I took her to the vet, and she was in kidney failure. She had round the clock care at the emergency vet, but her BUN numbers remained high and she became hypoglycemic. I thought this little one would live several more years. It broke my heart to let her go on Tuesday February 21, 2017.

She normally weighed about 3 1/4 pounds, but she had dropped down to 3 pounds when I took her in. She was my precious angel.

She was a delight. She actually became a better dog the older she got. Roxy is the reason that my user name is Yorkiesmiles! Because she would smile and show off her teeth! I adopted her, along with Bubba when they were two. I tragically lost Bubba suddenly 4 1/2 years ago. That heartbreak is still with me. Now I grieve for them both.

I thought many times about adopting an older Yorkie to keep Roxy company, but every time I tried, it never ended up working out. I gave up, and Roxy actually seemed to do well as an only dog. She became quieter without Bubba to boss around. She became more loving, and not as independent.

When I first had gone to meet Bubba and Roxy, I almost did not adopt them because she was so shy and wanted nothing to do with me. But I brought them home and that changed quickly! Like the first day! She was an energetic girl for so, so long. She was my squirrel chaser! The Queen of the Toys! And in the end my sweetest companion.

This has been a very hard week. After I let her go, it hit me the next day that this may be the first time in my life that I have not had at least one pet in my house! It's very lonely here - I'm truly all alone.

I have not been good about being on YT over the last 6 or so years. But as you can see by my post count I used to be an overachiever here on YT. Miss so many of you! And all the fun. The YT Cookbook and the YT International Meet-Ups we had. Along with the fun gift exchanges.

The first picture below is probably the last picture I had taken of her - back in December after we had flown to Florida to visit my parents. Then Roxy in her birthday dress on her 15th Birthday, and eating her pup cake!
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!