View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 01:58 AM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaS View Post
I'm dealing with Brand new Cushing's diagnosis as well. Except his blood work is off the charts erratic. And his cortisol testing came back positive for Cushing's. I'm going to try and include a copy of his blood work from December and February. If I can figure out how. He's 10 1/2 and acts like a teenager still. We are having difficultly getting it under control. His symptoms are greatly improving but blood work is not. He is taking trilostane.
Hi and welcome, Samantha . You're right, those numbers are really out of range! But some of them are heading in the right direction. What are his last two ACTH tests showing for cortisol numbers, pre- and post- ...? Bc when cortisol comes into control via the trilostane, other things should start falling in line. If cortisol is not coming down, then the med must be titrated up -or- a different/new Cushings med needs to be tried (ie, lysodren etc....).

I know how frustrating and confusing this stage can be - been there! And what's worse is that it can be a stage that lasts a relatively long time bc all of it is happening while you're trying to correctly titrate the Cushings med, which always takes time / trial & error.

But try not to worry too much, you will get him there - no doubt !

What are the main symptoms you're dealing with? Is it the polydipsia and polyuria...or...? When is the next ACTH scheduled? Lastly, his thyroid has been checked, yes?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!