View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 04:08 AM   #11
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Have you contacted the foster mom about the peeing, how many times a day did she pee when Bella was with her.

When I lived in NY I lived in an apartment, my girls were walked at 7:30AM before I left for work, 4:30PM when I returned from work, at 10:30PM I only took them curb side for their last pee of the night. So they peed 3 times a day.

Like Britster asked, how long do you have her, and I agree, this is a new way of living for her, new sounds she may not have ever heard before, leash walking may be something new to her. When you walk her do you tell her what she's supposed to be doing, like pee pee or poo poo. If my girls were taking to long because they had to smell every inch of every step they took I would call each one by name (I had 3 girls that I walked together) Kia, make a pee-pee, Kajon make a pee pee or poo poo what ever I was waiting for them to do lol, they would usually make on command lol.

I would not give her free roam of your home until she was 100% potty trained. I know how frustrating and worrisome this has to be on you, but please do not be upset, angry, frustrated, these lil monkeys will sense all this negativity coming from you, may cause them fear making potty time worse. Patience is a MUST with these rescues, there is no know history that comes with them. You must now train her YOUR WAY, she must now learn a new way of living and this will take time. I know you know all of the above, I am just reinforcing what you already know.
This is not your first rodeo with rescues.

Last edited by matese; 02-24-2017 at 04:10 AM.
matese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!