View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
Gizmo710
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Help! My yorkie's barking has become out of control

I have a 4 year old yorkie named Gizmo who I love so so much , but his barking has become unbearable and embarrassing. He used to be an angel up until the last year after moving homes when I noticed the barking began. We now live downtown in our city in a condo with lots of windows and lots of people and animals to bark at. However, the barking has been slowly escalating into being so ridiculous that my neighbors complain, my parents no longer want to babysit him , and I'm slowly losing my mind!

Once he starts barking, there is no stopping him. He completely ignores me , or if he does stop for a second, hes back to barking, growling at anything and everything immediately. So far I've tried : a can with pennies that he ignores, petsafe bark collar that he ignores, squirt bottle with water that he ignores , I dont know what else to do. Hes been socialized with other dogs his whole life , we continue to have doggie play dates with friends and I'm home a good portion of the day so its not like he's not alone very much.

I started taking him on less frequent walks because once he sees the leash he starts this high pitched piercing cry bark that sounds like he's being abused or something. I wait till he calms down and stops before we leave the door, but then immediately starts in with the high pitched bark waking up and disrupting everyone in the building on our way out. He's also become more aggressive and snarls and barking uncontrollably at every other dog or my poor pregnant neighbor walking her baby in the stroller . It's so embarrassing and I don't know how it's come to this, he never used to be like this.

It's obviously my fault and i'm doing something wrong, but if anyone has ANY ideas I would be so grateful!!! It's at the point I'll try anything!

Thank You!!
Gizmo710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!