Thread: Lexie is gone
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
Lap Princess
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Unlove Lexie is gone

So, I hardly ever post anything, but today is a very sad day. My little angel, my heart, Lexie, passed away last night. She would have been 14 in May. She was such a loving, bright, sweet and funny little soul right up to the end. Two days ago we took Lexie in for her annual dental under anesthesia. She did okay with that, but had a serious attack of her collapsing trachea condition. Vet did x-rays and showed a very flattened trachea in the thoracic area. We took her home and she seemed to improve steadily. Yesterday she seemed perfectly fine--even back to normal. She even went with me on errands. Then last evening Lexie suddenly was panting rapidly, eyes glazed, wouldn't settle at all. I started to have a very bad feeling about this, but didn't think there was anything I could do. I gave her pain meds (for her extracted teeth sutures). Didn't help. So I put her to bed, and I went to bed. The last I remember of her was a sweet look in her eyes as she was looking at me before I turned off the light. I remember at one point during the night thinking I heard her crying a little, but i sleep with earplugs so I can't be certain. This morning I awoke and she was already cold. My beautiful little sweetheart, my princess yorklet, I will miss you forever!!! Rest in peace, my little beauty
Attached Thumbnails
Lexie is gone-lexie-clouds-moonlight.jpg  

Inga - Loved by Lexie
Lap Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!