View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 07:38 AM   #11
Munchki
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Hello Jane, thank you so much for all the information.
I really hope Cookie is going ok, I did read you store and thank you for all the links. It does not sound like a very nice disease I feel so bad for these little babies having to deal with this....wish they could tell us when they are not well instead of things progressing out of control....
I am also sooooo worried for Mia she started on pred at 5mg tablet cut in half twice a day, then we cut back to 1/2 tab in morning and a 1/4 tab in evening on Dec 29. She is also on Atopica immunosuppressive one tab morning and night.
We tried different foods a Kangaroo canned food diet she got tired of that really quick and would not eat then we put on on a hypoallergenic kibble and she seemed to relapse on that her belly got really big again. Plus she did not really like it.
I decided to cook for her as well after reading your post, I am doing the Hillary's diet for her I got the cookbook and the powdered supplement to put in her food along with all the oils. She is loving that for her treats I cook extra fish and give her tidbits through the day, she gets so excited it's like treats to her lol...I am also giving her fish and sweet potato she is doing really good on it but I can see her getting tired of that too she is soooo fussy and always as been...
Mia was back to her old self last week first time I seen her run in months I was so excited, I talked to her vet about dropping the pred a bit he agreed so now she is on 1/4 tab twice a day and I am watching her like a hawk...looking for signs I am so scared that she will relapse...actually her Poops are back to nice and hard she is eating ok and drinks tons of water.
Her albumin was 1.5 jan 25 and retested on February 1 and it was up to 2.1 so something was working I am so sure it is her diet, even though certain vet don't agree thinking home cooked diet is not as good as kibbles...
I am really hing we found something that will work for Mia..I feel such a rush to get her off the meds they really scare me as to what it's doing to her internally.
So obviously all cookie egrets is her home cooked diet and nothing else? Does she seem to get bored of it? It's been 5 years for her..
What made her relapse? Did it just happend?
Thank you for taking the time to respond Jane I really appreciate it
I hope you and Cookie are having a great day.

Cuddle beds sold at my Facebook shop:Mia Diamond's Boutique CODE: YT2013 for 10% off
Munchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!