View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Honestly it can be daunting to come on a forum because a lot of people log on trying to find answers or solutions for sick dogs so sometimes it can be overwhelming. I remember doing the same thing when I first got Jackson.

But don't do that to yourself. Yorkies can be prone to certain things just like almost every other breed out there but they'd be considered healthier than most. Bulldogs, Frenchies, etc are very prone to issues, Cavaliers often have a early-onset mitral valve disease (MVD), Goldens usually get cancer, etc etc. It's inevitable sometimes and the downfall of dogs in general; their short lifespans.

I've seen/heard of many Yorkies living healthily until 16, 17, 18 years old. Some are genetics, some are environment, some are just a crapshoot.

Jackson is 8 and has minimal health problems. He still acts like he did at 2. He's needed two dental cleanings and we had a possible-pancreatitis scare a few years back but that could be any dog.

If you love the breed, love the dog -- go for it! Don't be scared. Just be diligent in your research and know what you're getting yourself into. They're a great breed.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!