Thread: Hi from Newbie!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #1
Mom2Ty
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hi from Newbie!

Hello everyone! I'm so glad to have found this forum

My husband and I adopted a 5 year old (as best as they could tell) yorkie/silky terrier mix from our local shelter 3 weeks ago. He had just been neutered and had 3 teeth extracted about three days before we brought him home.

Everything is very new to him and we want him to be a happy, healthy pup. He is trained to go outside and really only had one or two accidents since we brought him home. He does not seem to "know" how to play. I have purchased a wide range of toys, but he doesn't want any of them right now. Is it best to just keep offering the different toys? My husband and I play with the toys, with the hopes that he will join in one of these times.

He has a few stuffed toys (different textures/materials) ,mini tennis balls, a kong, mini bully stick and some the rubbery-type toys. I did order a puzzle toy from hm, after reading some of the suggestions on here.

If you've read this far, thank you! And, if you have any suggestions as to how I can encourage him to play, I would appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!
Mom2Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!