View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 05:22 AM   #2
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliemay1915 View Post
I just picked Macy up from the breeders today. She told me to feed 1/4 cup three times a day and gave me a small bag of diamond small breed puppy food. I'll be switching the food but I don't want to start the process until she's been home a day or two to adjust.
1/4 cup seems like a small amount on its own but compared to Macy it's a lot. She barely ate half before she got full and decided to take a nap. From those of you with experience. How much did you feed? She's almost 2 pounds and is 10 weeks old today.
That food amount might be a little on the high side, but it's better to be safe than sorry--your dog will not overeat at that age. At that age, our Bella was eating about 1/2 cup of dry food per day total, but we allowed her to feed freely during the day. At that age, be sure that food is available all day during the day--that will help prevent attacks of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Also, wait a month or two before changing the food, and when you do, introduce the new food gradually by mixing it in with the old food.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!