View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 06:06 AM   #18
LaurenandGinger
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
In the last few days, it has come to my attention that a medication for arthritis in dogs is very successful in treating collapsing trachea. It is called Adequan. It is an injection given by your Vet, once a week for 8 weeks then monthly for the rest of the dogs life. The drug is relatively cheap and does seem to work on a collapsing trachea. The mode is that it strenghthens cartilage which is what it does for arthritis but it will also do the same for a weak collapsing trachea. I know of dogs on this, the improvement was dramatic and quick. Ask your Vet if you have a dog with this problem or pass on the info if you know of someone strugging with this in their dog.
Side effects are very minimal if any compared to the traditional treatment for collapsing trachea of hycodan and prednisone which often doesnt' work anyway.
Thank you so much for this! I just joined the site to say how much Hycodan has done for my sweet baby Ginger. We began using Hycodan and she's made a total turn around. I've been meaning to share our experience for the longest time and today was the day I finally got around to posting. That said, reading your post gives me even MORE HOPE!!! Thank you again and much love to all our furry babies~
LaurenandGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!