View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 10:00 AM   #4
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbj23 View Post
I have a yorkie, Joey. He is 2 1/2 years old, weighs roughly 7.5 pounds. He has been throwing up a lot the past few months... maybe 4-5 times a week? rough guess. It's mostly liquid, sometimes has pieces of food if it is after he eats. He is healthy otherwise, he is vetted regularly and eats morning 7:30am about and night 5:30. Get's treats for going potty through the day and when he goes into his kennel when I leave, he also gets some kibble. We feed him wet nutri source, grain free, pure vita.

I am looking for suggestions & advice. Thank you
Definitely ask your vet. When our Bella had that problem, it was due to acid reflux. They gave me two options: More frequent feedings, or low dose prilosec. We went with more frequent feedings, and that worked for us. We feed her first thing in the morning after she gets up (6 AM), in the afternoon after I get home from work (3 PM), and just before bedtime (10 PM). We also leave food out during the day in case she wants to eat more, but she usually doesn't. We feed dry kibble (Wellness Core Grain Free Small Breed), but I'm not sure that makes any difference. How do we get Bella to eat if she's being a picky eater? We invite the cat over to Bella's food bowl, and Bella immediately starts to chow down .
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!