View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 12:42 PM   #6
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
...I would STOP the free feeding now that your puppy is 7 months old, put them all on a schedule, feed same time every morning, fed same time every night . Each should have their own separate bowl and watch them to make sure they only eat from their bowl and not steal from the others. I feed my boy at 6:30AM and again at 4:30PM. I split their recommend daily amount of food in half, so he gets 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night. At 8PM he gets a small treat AFTER he goes through ALL his command and tricks. ...Green beans is a filler with no calories. Cody gets NO table food, at times I will give him a small bit of carrot, or a small bit of cooked potato, or fruit that is in season...With these little guys we have to watch their weight, a over weight dog can get end up with leg and heart problems from being too heavy.
Yes yes and yes.

To the op, you can't base a healthy weight on the term "teapot". Rather, you should base healthy weight of the frame of the dog. If yours has no waist, then it definitely needs to get more exercise and be fed less food.

Definitely get him on a schedule and measure out recommended daily amounts.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!