View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #1
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Default Poll: How does your Yorkie ask to be let outside?

I always thought the bell-ringing trick would be fun to teach, but I never had to: My dogs have always found ways to let me know when they want to be let outside.

But I just realized today the remarkable many ways they develop on their own to do it. Eddie, for instance, lets out a casual sneeze. When I hear a sneeze in the area of the door, I know he's ready to be let out. It's as though he doesn't want to make a big deal about it by barking.

Jillie, on the other hand, just grumbles. Not a bark, not a whine, just a throaty grumble. She uses that anytime she wants something.

To be let back in, it's different. Sneezing isn't effective with the door closed, so Eddie paws the door once or twice. If I don't hear it or answer right away, I get a couple more paws followed by a grumpy bark. I can hear the bark all through our smallish house. Jillie has a tendency to still grumble, which I can't hear if the door is shut. So I either check frequently or leave the screen open. She'll bark after only a long time if I forget.

What do your dogs do?

Last edited by admin; 01-27-2017 at 01:42 PM. Reason: typo
alaskayorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!