View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 02:44 PM   #7
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe-Rylee View Post
Fancy! Awe, I love that name!!! When I got Monroe she was about 16 weeks old and I immediately started her in a purse like carrier. She was pretty much a natural... I put her in her bag on the way home from the breeders house and she didn't make a peep during that hour car ride!
Rylee was 10 months when I got her and we had to work on it a little. She would go in a hard sided carrier pretty well. So, I started her in one of those and then slowly transition her to the purse-bag... putting her in it for a few seconds, then a few minutes etc. And rewarded her when she was calm in the bag. She was got there in no time and now they both love their bags!
I would just start Fancy right away in the bag you want to bring her around in; I bet she does just fine if she's young. Yorkies are so adaptable! And if she doesn't like it you just slowly get her used to it.
I take mine everywhere with me... movies, grocery store, mall, even work meetings when I have not other choice. No one even know they're there! haha.
You're so lucky yours got accustomed so quickly! I got Scottie and Casie 1.5 years apart, each at 5 months old, and they needed training to adapt to their bags. They now love their bags too and jump inside automatically when I bring out the bags. I think they love going everywhere with me. Even Church! The funniest moment was when Scottie barked once in the movies and it was during a very silent scene. It was pretty hilarious.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!