View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 04:42 AM   #3
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

I agree with Ann that your puppy is likely acting out of fear and confusion. Not rebelling.

Sorry you are in this difficult situation. My father lives with me and I have dealt with a couple of training problems with him too. He wouldn't tell the boys to "stay" when he opened doors to the outside. Teddy got out of the house once. I had to put up baby gates to keep the dogs away from the doors.

You could try a couple things: when you cannot supervise your puppy closely, keep him in an xpen with his piddle pad. When you are with your puppy, keep him in the same room with you and the pad. Don't give him access to the entire house.

Try to engage your dad in making the potty training fun. When your puppy goes on the pad correctly, praise him profusely and give him a reward. We give kibble pieces for good potty and praise the doggies like they just performed the best trick ever. My boys are 7 and 8 and we still play this game. They have learned how to maximize kibble rewards.

Maybe your dad could get into the game when he sees how happy it makes your puppy.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!