Thread: Not Eating
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 03:06 AM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenj View Post
Thank you for the response. We have tried canned food he doesn't eat it.
I gave him some cooked chicken and he loves that. Do you think I can just feed him maybe chicken and rice
Chicken and RICE is not advised for LONG TERM feeding as there are not enough nutrients to make it a balanced diet. You can however, use boiled boneless chicken cutlets and SHRED it into his food, NOT pieces as they will pick out just the "pieces" and not eat the dog food, shredding into food makes it hard for them to pick out just the chicken. My Cody will NOT eat canned food or moist kibble, he loves crunchy dry kibble. Have you tried kibble either moistened with a bit of warm water or just plain dry kibble. If you have and he didn't like it you can try shredding some chicken in it or moisten it with chicken broth. I make my own broth with a few pieces of chicken thighs, legs, breast I do not add salt or onions. After the chicken is cooked and the broth is cooled I skim off as much FAT as I can and add a couple table spoons on the food, I have even had to add a couple of TBLE spoons in his water when he was sick and not drinking any water. And as Wylie's Mom suggested sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top of the food. If you go with the broth and want it canned instead of fresh , make sure no SALT or ONIONS have been added.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!