View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 09:30 AM   #6
LucyGoosey
Yorkie Yakker

I think one thing that makes it worse is that there are so many people living in each house and so many that are unemployed that have nothing better to do than sit on the porch and get mad at passersby, for whatever reason.

I was once told to walk my dog on the other side of the street because this guy's dog would alway bark at Lucy as we passed. Now, in my mind, that's what dogs do. I didn't see it as any big deal. But he said I was antagonizing his dog and that 'I'd be sorry if his dog hopped the fence and attacked us.' First of all, it's HIS dog that would not be breathing after the encounter were that to happen and secondly, if he had ANY situational awareness, he would know there was an equally vicious dog on the other side of the street chained up outside 24/7 just like his.

In any case, I think one of the issues is that Lucy sniffs and smells and checks EVERYTHING out. It'll take us 5 minutes just to walk 100 meters since she stops to smell every blade of grass for five hours. So to some, seeing a dog stopped, then moving on without the owner bending over and picking something up, may appear like she's pooping all over the place with no one cleaning it up. I think non-dog owners (or at least people that don't care about their dogs) think dogs poop a hundred times a day and every time they squat they're pooping.

Oh well. 1 more year.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!