View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 02:58 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Please please please put this poor kiddo back on the Apoquel ASAP. Every single solitary medication out there has bad side effects to read about if you just google them. Thousands upon thousands of dogs are on either Apoquel or Atopica and do incredibly well (my Marcel has been on both, is now using Apoquel...he weighs 4 pounds).

Your poor dog's allergy condition looks miserable - and when quality of life is as such - you need to give medication. If they're tired at first, who cares...? Let them be tired - that will get better. Just give this kiddo some relief, fast, before things get even worse.

You need to have the paw issue sampled and grown in culture as this could be yeast or something else. If it's yeast, Apoquel and the other meds you're giving will absolutely nothing to help...nothing at all. You'd need an oral anti-fungal, most likely for up to 6 weeks.

I would not give that product you linked to - it will not help.

When skin issues and ear issues recur like this - you truly NEED to rule-out thyroid issues and Cushings disease.

More on allergies here: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/die...tart-here.html

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!